I love eating spaghetti squash, but it takes forever to make in the oven, think 15 preheat and 45 minutes to roast at 375F. With the Instant Pot it took 10 minutes.
Spaghetti Squash is versatile and a great alternative to pastas. I use it with my Bolognese Sauce, or as a side. Sometimes I’ll add a little Olive Oil, Salt and Pepper, other times I toss it with Clarified Butter and Garlic Salt.
And here’s a great video on how to easily (seriously, easily) cut a Spaghetti Squash.
Instant Pot Spaghetti Squash
Yield 2 servings
- 1 C water
- 1 spaghetti squash, sliced widthwise, flesh and seeds scooped out.
- Add the water to the Instant Pot and place steamer rack at bottom.
- Stack the spaghetti squash on top of each other, cut-side down. (Stacking them is fine, they will not fit side-by-side).
- Close the lid with the vent on the top of the lid closed.
- Press manual, then the minus button "-" until 10 minutes is showing.
- Adjust pressure to low.
- Once squash is cooked do a quick-release of the pressure, and remove lid.
- Use fork to pull away strands from sides of squash.