Since discovering the Air Fryer, I’ve been using it almost non-stop. This past weekend I used it to create Perfect Roasted Peppers.
One of the many advantages to the Air Fryer is the quickness at which recipes can come together. Traditional oven method for roasted peppers is about 25 minutes, in the Air Fryer it is 10 minutes.
(And this is not counting ONLY 3 minutes for Air Fryer preheating versus 10-15 minutes preheating needed for the oven!)
I’ve always enjoyed Roasted Peppers and am excited to find this new way to roast them!
- Red, orange, yellow bell peppers
- Brown bag
- Olive Oil
- Pre-heat air fryer to 380 for 3 minutes.
- Place washed whole peppers in airfryer basket with some olive oil sprayed on them. I love using the Misto Olive Oil Sprayer.
- Air Fry at 380 for 10 minutes, shaking at 5 minute point.
- Remove peppers from basket (Peppers will have shrunk and become wrinkled and charred) and place in brown paper bag to cool.
- Once peppers are cooled, peek skins away with paring knife.
- Cut in half, remove stem and seeds.
- Use as you wish.
**For the Oven Method -
Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
Cut peppers in half, core, remove stem.
Lightly oil peppers.
Place the peppers cut side down on a baking sheet that has been lined with parchment paper. Roast for about 25 minutes; or until the skins are completely wrinkled and the peppers are charred.
Place in bag and let cool.
Once cooled, use as desired.