We love our Thai food, especially Pad Thai, and this recipe is both simple and satisfying.
And versatile, simply substitute the chicken, for shrimp, or the meat for more eggs to make it vegetarian.
Besides being easy, it is adaptable to taste. You can add more chili powder if you want, or lime juice, etc. I’ve even had a friend add 2 Tbsp soy sauce mixed with 1/2C peanut butter and 1/4C water …. I may try that one day.
Yield 2-3 servings
- ½ of Rice Noodle Packet (~250 g)
- 3 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp Chili Powder
- 3 scallions, chopped
- 3 Tbsp lime juice
- 2 tsp brown sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- Handful of peanuts, crushed
- Meat (Shrimp/Chicken) or Tofu*
- Bean Sprouts for topping
- *I use 2 skinless boneless chicken breasts, diced
- Heat oil in fry pan. Add garlic and chili powder and cook for 2 minutes or until fragrant.
- Add mean/tofu if using. Cook until meat is done, or tofu is coated in powder and warmed through.
- Meanwhile, bring a pot of water to boil add noodles and boil for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and cover, do not drain. Keep noodles warm in water until ready to use (or they will cool).
- Add scallions, lime juice, and brown sugar to fry pan. Drain noodles and add. Mix it up.
- Push everything aside, and add egg. Stirring until cooked.
- Serve, adding toppings if you wish.