Made this Lemon Lentil Soup last night and EVERYONE ate it, and wanted seconds. Wow. When I get recipes like that I make sure they are worked into our meal rotation!
I love how easily it came together and the taste.
I’m sad the Mama Pea closed her blog, but I’m glad I have her cookbook, Peas and Thank You: Simple Meatless Meals the Whole Family Will Love, as I make tons from it!
Lemon Lentil Soup
Yield 4 Servings
- 4 c vegetable broth
- 4 carrots, chopped (about 2 c.)
- 2 stalks of celery, chopped (about 1 c.)
- 3/4 tsp. coriander
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 c red lentils, rinsed and drained
- 1 1/2 c chopped greens, such as kale or spinach (I used spinach)
- 1/4 c fresh lemon juice (about 2 small lemons)
- 3 Tbsp. raw cashews
- 2 Tbsp. chopped parsley
- In a saucepan over medium high heat and sprayed with cooking spray, saute carrots, celery and coriander for approximately five minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Add broth and red lentils and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for fifteen minutes.
- Meanwhile, chop parsley and spinach and make a lemon cashew cream by combining lemon juice and cashews in a food processor.
- When lentils are done, stir in greens and lemon cashew cream and heat until mixture is uniform. Adjust salt and pepper to taste.