Last night’s dinner, Kung Pao Chicken, was an instant hit with everyone.
The recipe is just one of many great ones from Clean Eating Magazine – Classic Comfort Foods.
Kung Pao Chicken
Yield 4 Servings
- 12 oz boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/4 C raw unsalted peanuts
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced, plus additional for garnish
- 2 tsp rice vinegar
- 2 C cooked brown rice*
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 2 Tbsp low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp fresh grated ginger
*I only had Jasmine Rice, so I used it, but cooked it in vegetable broth.
- In a wok or large skillet, heat oil on medium-high. Add pepper flakes, chicken and peanuts and cook for 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Stir in 1/4 C water, soy sauce, garlic, ginger, onions and vinegar. Bring to a simmer and cook for 3 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink inside. Serve with or over top of rice, dividing evenly and garnishing with additional onion.
- Dig in!