When I heard that Giada De Laurentiis had a new cookbook out, Happy Cooking: Make Every Meal Count … Without Stressing Out, I really wanted to check it out. As you may know (or may not) I’ve had a girl crush on her ever since I made her Linguine with Shrimp and Lemon Oil. Giada actually lost her place to Heidi Swanson and her Quinoa Patties, but may regain it, as I have fallen in love with this Kale and Mushroom Wrap.
This recipe tastes so much better than it sounds, especially with the addition of dried cranberries and feta.
Kale and Mushroom Wrap
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 8 oz mushrooms sliced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 bunch kale, (8 oz.) stemmed and coarsely chopped
- ¼ cup vegetable broth
- ⅓ cup unsweetened dried cranberries
- 2 oz feta crumbled
- 4 multigrain wraps (10 inch) (I used a pita)
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Add the red onion, mushrooms, salt and pepper. Cook for about 8 minutes, or until soft.
- Add the kale and cook for about 8 minutes, or until wilted.
- Add the broth and the cranberries. Bring to a boil and scrap the brown bits that cling to the bottom fo the pan with a wooden spoon.
- Turn off the heat and mix in the goat cheese.
- Divide the filling among the wraps and fold each wrap like a burrito then cut in half and serve.
- Serve hot.
I add more vegetable if I have them on hand. On this particular day, I added a yellow squash.