This salad has the longest name ever officially being named Festive Kale Salad with Sweet Apple Cinnamon Vinaigrette & Pecan Parmesan! And it also has one of the best tastes ever!
And as Oh She Glows says,
This salad, with its festive, cinnamon-maple dressing paired with fresh apple, dried cranberries, and pomegranate arils, is perfect for the holidays.
I should know, I’ve taken it to three parties and each time it has been a huge success!
And if you don’t own the The Oh She Glows Cookbook, you should. It’s awesome! (I probably use it weekly, and I’m not even Vegan!)
Festive Kale Salad with Sweet Apple Cinnamon Vinaigrette & Pecan Parmesan
For the Pecan Parmesan
- ½ cup pecans, toasted
- 1½ tsps nutritional yeast
- 1½ to 3 tsps extra-virgin olive oil
- ¼ tsp salt
For the Dressing
- 3 Tbsps apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tbsps + 1 tsp fresh lemon juice (1/2 lemon)
- 2 Tbsps pure maple syrup
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp fine-grain sea salt
- 1 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsps unsweetened applesauce
- ½ tsp minced fresh peel ginger
- 1 bunch kale, destemmed and leaves torn into bite-size pieces
- 1 apple, cored and finely chopped
- ¼ cup dried cranberries
- ½ pomegranate arils (about ½ pomegranate)
- Make the Pecan Parmesan: Preheat the oven to 300°F. Spread the pecans in a single layer on a rimmed baking sheet and toast in the oven for 7 to 9 minutes, until lightly golden and fragrant. Set aside to cool for 5 minutes.
- In a mini food processor, combine the toasted pecans, nutritional yeast, oil, and salt and process until crumbly and combined. Set aside.
- Make the Dressing: In a small bowl, whisk together the vinegar, lemon juice, maple syrup, cinnamon, salt, oil, applesauce, and ginger until combined.
- To assemble the salad, place the kale in a large salad bowl pour on the dressing. With your hands, massage the dressing into the kale leaves until fully coated. Let stand for at least 30 minutes. The kale will soften slightly during this time.
- Top the kale with apple, cranberries, and pomegranate arils. Sprinkle the Pecan Parmesan over the salad just before serving.