I was at the gym, when I overheard two moms chatting about an “awesome deal” one had just found. So loving a good bargain, I joined in.
As we kept talking about deals we’ve found, and I kept getting new tips about how to save money, I thought I should share some and hopefully receive more new ones!
My Top 5 Ways I cut costs and save money.
- I have a credit card that pays me, the Upromise card. 1% of all my spending is put into a Upromise account, and transferred into my girls’ 529 accounts. I enjoy that their education funds are growing above our contributions. And with Upromise, when I shop online certain retailers donate a percentage of my total purchased to my Upromise account. Since I already shopped at Snapfish.com this was easy and free money.
- When I am shopping online, I try to combine orders with friends to make the free ship quota, or save up purchases.
And before I hit the send button, I check for an online coupon (or better price)!
Good sites to check out for deals are:
Retail Me Not
- I meal plan before my weekly store trip. Then I have 6-7 meals to choose from, but can eat them any night. I also eat before I shop, because I’m less likely to buy more if full 🙂
- I have automatic transfers to a savings account at ING. I can’t spend money I don’t have. And I take full advantage of the 401K plan at my husband’s work and get money direct-deposited into our plan each pay period.
- I never spend money to save money. I wait for a sale. And then I ask myself, do I really need it? I don’t completely neglect my wants, but it’s all about balance…