It’s no secret, I love my Instant Pot. I love how I can cook a complete meal in one pot fast. And being able to make this Coconut Sweet Potato Mash gives me another to love it.
The other night I needed a side and took a peek of what I had in the pantry/refrigerator. The result is this tasty side.
I’ve enjoyed this Coconut Sweet Potato Mash with dinner and then the next morning with an egg and some bacon.
Coconut Sweet Potato Mash
Yield 6 Servings
- 5 medium sweet potatoes, diced
- 1 C water
- 1/2 C coconut milk
- 1 Tbsp clarified butter or ghee
- Place the sweet potatoes in the Instant Pot Stainless Pot, pour water over.
- Secure the lid, and press the steam button. It will display 10, select the " - " button until 8 shows.
- Allow the Instant Pot to build pressure (about 10 minutes) and then steam.
- Allow to steam, once done, preform a quick release and remove lid when it is safe to do so. (I use these to silicone mitts to protect myself)
- Drain excess water, then add the butter (ghee) and coconut milk.
- Mash and serve.