I’ve always loved my Tuna Salad Sandwich (still do) and so when I saw Chickpea Salad Sandwich in my Oh She Glows Cookbook I knew I had to try it out.
It was fantastic. I loved the swirl of flavors and textures. And using my Chop Wizard made prep that much easier!
I’ve been eating these for about a week, it’s time I stop. Maybe.
Chickpea Salad Sandwich
Yield 3 Servings
- 1 (15-ounce) can of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 stalks celery, finely chopped
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 C finely chopped dill pickle
- 1/4 C finely chopped bell pepper
- 2 or 3 Tbsp vegan mayonnaise
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1.5 tsp yellow mustard
- 2 tsp minced fresh dill (optional)*
- 1.5 - 3 tsp fresh lemon juice to taste
- pinch of salt and black pepper
- In a large bowl, mash the chickpeas with a potato masher until flaky in texture.
- Stir in the celery, green onions, pickles, bell peppers, mayonnaise, and garlic until combined.
- Stir in the mustard and dill (if using) and season with the lemon juice, salt, and black pepper, adjusting the quantities to taste.
- Serve with toasted bread**, on crackers**, in a tortilla, or lettuce , or on top of a basic leafy green salad.
*I used 1 tsp dried dill**use gluten-free (if desired)