I love Indian food and I love Chicken Tikka Masala. I was so excited to find an Instant Pot version that made making it simple, thanks to Jennifer Robbins cookbook: Paleo Cooking with Your Instant Pot. And even more excited that I could use a few of my favorite small appliances! (Spiralizer, Air Fryer, Instant Pot)
Traditionally Chicken Tikka Masala is served over basmati rice, but since I’m trying to reduce my carbs I choose to spiralize zucchini noodles then crisp them up in less than 10 minutes in the Air Fryer.
Don’t let the amount of spices frighten you, you’ll use them over and over as you’ll make this dish a lot!
Chicken Tikka Masala
Yield 4 servings
- 1 lb chicken breast or thighs, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 large onion, diced
- 28 oz. organic crushed tomatoes
- 2 Tbsp tomato paste
- 1 C full-fat coconut milk
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1/4 tsp ginger
- 1-2 tsp garam masala
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp tumeric
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp salt
- Combine all of the ingredients except for coconut milk in stainless steel bowl of your Instant Pot.
- Give them a stir to make sure the seasonings are incorporated and the chicken is submerged.
- Secure the lid, close off pressure valve and press the Poultry button. (15 mins will be displayed.
- Allow cooking cycle to finish then quick-release the pressure valve and remove the lid once it is safe to do so. (IP will switch to warming feature and you can leave it there).
- Stir in full-fat coconut milk and serve!
Courses Main Course