This Berry Chia Breakfast Crisp by Wellness Mama is hands down one of the best recipes I’ve made.
Her cookbook, The Wellness Mama Cookbook 200+ Time-saving Recipes, has fast become one of my favorites and I turn to it often. The recipes are simple, tasty, and created with Whole Foods.
As Katie says
A delicious warm meat-free breakfast with protein from chia seeds, almond four, and pecans.
Berry Chia Breakfast Crisp
Yield 6 Servings
- 6 C frozen berries, defrosted, with liquid
- 1/4 C chia seeds + 2 Tbsp
- 1/4 C maple syrup or honey*
- 2 C almond flour
- 1/4 C coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 C pecans*
- Preheat oven to 350F and grease a 9 x 13-inch baking dish with butter or coconut oil.
- Pour the berries and their liquid into the prepared dish and sprinkle 1/4C chia seeds evenly over the berries, stirring slightly to mix into the fruit. Evenly pour the maple syrup over the top.
- In a food processor or blender, pulse together the flour and oil until crumbly. Add the vanilla, the 2 tablespoons chia seeds and pecans and pulse until pecans are just chopped.
- Crumble the flour-nut mixture over the berry mixture in the baking dish and bake for 30 to 35 minutes, until top is golden brown and edges are bubbling.
- Remove and let cool, and serve.
Store leftovers in the refrigerator for up to 3 days and reheat before serving.
*I used maple syrup and walnuts.
Courses Breakfast, Dessert