This Easy Pizza Dough has saved my life! I’ve used it over and over, and it’s great with my Mushroom Spinach Pizza with Truffle Oil.
When you were a kid do you remember the joke if you love it so much why don’t you marry it? I swear, Julia LOVES pizza so much that one day I may suggest she marry it. Kidding, of course. But if she could, she would eat it every.single.night.
While I also love pizza, I don’t love how it can be so…. so greasy and unhealthy. But if done right, it can be healthy. You know, whole wheat pizza dough, tomato sauce with spices for sauce, and add in some veggies….and it can all be pulled together in under 30 minutes! Thanks Canadian Living for this great recipe for Healthy 10 Minute Pizza Dough.
And it seriously took 10 minutes.
In food processor, combine whole wheat flour, 1 cup all-purpose flour, yeast, salt and sugar.
With motor running, gradually pour in oil and 3/4 cup very hot water (125°F) and beat, adding up to 1/4 cup more water if necessary, just until dough begins to form ball. Process for 1 minute.
Knead for 5 minutes or until smooth and elastic, adding more flour if necessary; cover and let rest for 10 minutes or refrigerate for up to 2 days.
Roll out, deocrate, and enjoy!
Easy Pizza Dough
- 1 cup whole-wheat flour
- 1 -1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 package quick-rising (instant) yeast, (or about 1 tablespoon)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- ¾ cup – 1 cup hot water, (~125°F)
- In a food processor, with dough blade, combine whole wheat flour,1 cup all-purpose flour yeast, salt and sugar. With motor running, gradually pour in oil and ¾ cup water, beating and adding up to ¼ cup more water if necessary to form dough into ball. Process for 1 minute.
- Turn out dough onto lightly floured surface. Knead for 5 minutes or until smooth and elastic, adding more flour if necessary. Cover and let rest for 10 minutes.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out dough into 12-inch circle, and top as desired.
- Cook at 500F for 12 to 15 minutes.
Because I love crusty crust I cook the crust first for 5 minutes then top it.